Guidelines for Submitting Poetry, Fiction, and Non-Fiction
(Click here for information about our writing contests.)
BkMk Press will read unsolicited sample submissions received or postmarked from February 1 through June 30. Please follow the guidelines below.
- Submit a sample of your book manuscript: approximately 10 pages poetry; or 50 pages short fiction or creative non-fiction.
- Typed and paginated. Short fiction and creative non-fiction should be double-spaced.
- Please include a cover letter indicating your name and address, the title and genre of your submission, and the scope or nature of the larger manuscript it represents.
- Do not submit manuscripts by email.
Submit online via Submittable.
- Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for our reply.
- Mail to: BkMk Press, University of Missouri-Kansas City, 5101 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110
- Manuscripts will not be returned. Do not send the only copy of your work.
BkMk publishes quality collections of literary poetry, short fiction, and creative non-fiction.
We try to reply to submissions in six months.